- Phone: (253) 582-1000
- Mailing Address: 5400 112th St. SW, Lakewood WA 98499
(Update as of 3/21/2020)
Good evening, FBCL Family & Friends!
Has it only been a week since our typical routines went topsy-turvy, & we did our first online streaming of the Sunday morning worship services? Wow!
In this time filled with unknowns & probably more questions than answers, we encourage you & your family to stay connected in Bible study & worship together as a family & with us--your church family. Tomorrow we will have ONLINE Church together! We hope that you will join us at either 9:30 AM or 11:05 AM for worship & a sermon from Pastor Walt on the topic of what faith looks like.
How can I join the Online Worship Service? You should have 2 ways to join in:
Note: There's a lot of folks who are using these similar platforms tomorrow for their church services, so please be patient if we encounter technical difficulties. Our team will be working as quickly as possible to get us back up & running. :) Can't wait to worship ONLINE with you tomorrow!
You can also join us for online Sunday school tomorrow - we're excited to have had some of our Sunday school leaders record the lessons for our kids, teens & adults. You can find the links to those recordings right here: http://fbclakewood.org/online-worship/
"See" you tomorrow! God bless you!
FBCL Office Staff & Leadership Team
(Update as of 3/18/2020)
Dear FBCL Family & Friends,
After much prayer and consideration, we have decided to cancel all activities until further notice. This is not something that we have taken lightly as we desire to worship together as a church family. However, we are thankful for the ability to worship & study God's Word together with the use of technology and those who serve in the A/V ministry!
So...what does that actually mean?
Remember, just because we're not meeting physically in the same room doesn't mean we can't stay connected. Be a part of church online this coming Sunday at 9:30 & 11:05 AM (access link coming soon). And if you're on Facebook, "like" our FBC Lakewood Facebook page to join in the conversations that will continue to take place all week long digitally!
Your FBCL Office Staff & Leadership Team
(Update as of 3/14/2020)
A quick update on how you can participate in Sunday activities on Sunday, March 15:
~ We are holding physical worship service/Bible study at 9:30 AM & 11:05 AM on March 15. We encourage you to ask God for wisdom about whether to physically attend or not. Please know that we 100% support your decision if you choose to stay home & connect with us digitally instead.
~ Worship service live stream on our Facebook page! You can catch either worship service (9:30 AM & 11:05 AM) right there on Facebook tomorrow. *disclaimer: tomorrow we'll be streaming from a cell phone, so if there are any glitches, we thank you in advance for your patience & graciousness! :)
~ We are going to try to video record the service & post it on the website on Sunday afternoon, barring any technical difficulties.
~ The sermon audio will be available on our website's sermon podcast page. Click on the "Sermons" tab to go directly to the recordings.
~ We will also be doing our best to have the message available on CD for those who aren't able to connect in other ways. If that is you, please let us know so we can help you get one.
Whew! This has been a very fluid situation, & we appreciate your prayers, support & willingness to be flexible! As we continue to make necessary decisions, we will do our best to keep updating this page along the way!
(Update as of 3/12/2020)
It is our priority to make First Baptist Church of Lakewood a safe, secure place for you and your family to worship. We realize that the Coronavirus (COVID-19) has become a worldwide concern and is on everyone’s minds and that sometimes the reports that we hear can create fear in our hearts. We encourage you to stay anchored in the truth of God’s Word so that our fearless faith speaks to those around us.
This Sunday, March 15, we are planning to hold normal Sunday morning activities--including Sunday school and worship services. However, we encourage you to prayerfully determine whether or not you should attend on Sunday. We pray that you will make the necessary wise & prayerful decisions about your family's level of participation during this time.
Staying away from corporate gatherings for the near future doesn’t mean you have to take a break from church, Bible study, & worship services! We are actively working on ways that people can participate in the worship service remotely beginning this Sunday, March 15 so that we can stay connected no matter what your physical participation can be. We will be updating this page with the appropriate links that you can follow to view weekend services.
At the worship services on March 15, additional information will be presented to address what "gatherings" will look like going forward during the time frame of the Governor's proclamation. Out of an abundance of caution, we may take additional steps for our gatherings going forward. This information will also be dispersed via additional means of communication—this webpage, email, social media—on Sunday evening. Whether you are in attendance or not, you will always be able to access updated information at any time on this page.
~ Sanitizing frequently touched surfaces in rooms after services/small group classes, as well as wiping down high-traffic areas like door handles and seating areas throughout the day.
~ Temporarily closing our self-service Sunday morning coffee/snack room. When we feel that it is wise to reopen this area, we will begin serving items in the coffee/snack room on Sunday mornings again.
~ Our team is closely following news from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) about best practices to contain the spread of the coronavirus. We will continue to update our policies and procedures with the latest information and communicate it to you as necessary.
~ We are reviewing all of our communication practices with the congregation and implementing appropriate communication when appropriate—like this webpage and ways for everyone to participate & stay connected remotely.
1. Pray for our community and those directly affected by COVID-19. Pray for the medical professionals who are treating the sick, and those in decision-making positions. Pray that God would protect our community from further spread of the virus.
2. Reflect Christ. In these anxious days, the body of Christ can shine as a light of hope, strength, faith, and peace. We can demonstrate for the world how our faith provides true assurance against worry and fear.
3. Practice recommended personal hygiene:
* Stay at home when you or a family member are sick.
* Wash your hands frequently with soup and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating & after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
* Cover your mouth & nose with your sleeve or a tissue when coughing or sneezing. Be sure to wash your hands immediately aferwards.
* Forgo shaking hands, hugs & high-fives -- instead give a friendly wave & a big smile.
4. If you or someone you know tests positive for COVID-19 (coronavirus) or the flu, please let us know so we can find a way to help, pray for everyone involved, and take any necessary precautions if the person was on our campus. (This information will be kept confidential in accordance with standard privacy practices.)
5. Keep your own heart encouraged by spending time with the Lord in prayer, reading His Word and worshipping Him, daily! Remember, we don’t want to walk in fear—rather in faith and wisdom.
6. Begin praying & thinking about ways you can be of assistance to your neighbors, as well as our church family during this time. You may have an opportunity to talk about eternity & the hope you have in Christ with people in your circle that might not normally be open to this conversation!
If you have any questions or concerns, do not hesitate to contact us. We so appreciate your prayers & commitment to help us, and we thank you in advance for your cheerful cooperation. FBC Lakewood wouldn’t be the same without you!